Monday 20 January 2014

The lucky one?



In the morning , I felt like the luckiest girl on earth.I felt so lucky because this aunty who is a friend of my mum's gave me a lot of hand-me-down clothes.And I was so delighted because the clothes are all fairly new,some of which she hardly wore,as they were all hiding in the cupboard of hers.So I went back and checked some of the clothes out and there was this dress that looks like a Ceongsam,except that it is not a Cheongsam.

So I was trying out the clothes,she did give me some formal clothes so that I could wear them for university too.And then,she gave me this beautiful dress,it had a floral design.The dress looks like a British maiden dress.It was like one of those dresses where you wore for an English tea party.

And I decided at once that I need to wear it for tonight's dinner in my house.I looked lovely of course,all the guests were complimenting me.I think it was because of the dress.It was a perfect fit for me,and it was a long dress.

The night went well with the arrival of the guests and then it came to dinnertime,where we were all chatting.And I had a debate with uncle Peter,the Sweeden guy regarding fussiness and food.And I gave arguments that were not supporting my stance,and so he said "You've got your facts mixed up,you don't know the obvious and the non-obvious".Nobody was on my side,I think after they listened to uncle Peter reason out things,they were scared to be on the losing side which was my side.And though I gave my points,in the ultimate end I knew that he won the argument,and even he smiled and  said "I think so too".

There was another uncle too,and he was giving hypothetical situations,(I won't mention in detail here),but I was basically questioning him,and arguing before he could finish his sentence.Oops,it's a habit of mine.

And then he said to me,"You're very receptive,and you're very intelligent".And then he said "You'll go far in life".

And I was quiet for that moment,for I thought of my life,how I came up to this point in my life?
Did he actually know what I was going through?

For a while,I felt lucky.Because not many people will tell that you're intelligent,not that I want self praise from others,but it gives you this really good feeling.But that feeling soon disappeared as only I knew how much I deserve that compliment.

No,he didn't know what I was going through,and if he knew about me,I doubt that he would say the same thing again.






No comments:

Post a Comment