Friday 3 May 2013

Uncle Jeff

Uncle Jeff is a close family friend of ours.We became close to him because his son,Bernard and my bro,Leonard plays golf together.There was once was where there was a golf tournament in Perak and Leonard and my bro was participating in the same competition.I forgot the name of the competition because it was a few years back.

So,uncle Jeff brought my brother along to Perak because my parents were not free at that time.According to Leonard,Uncle Jeff spent a lot on the boys(Leo and Bernard).He brought them to the best chicken rice shop in Ipoh and bought all the delicious food for them.

He was in a position to do so because he was a renowned lawyer.He was a contract lawyer and is doing very well.He loves Bernard very much and would do anything for Bernard because Bernard is his only son.Bernard,wanted to study overseas because he said that the school system there was much better than the normal schools here in Malaysia.So Uncle Jeff packed all his things,together with his caring wife and left his law firm.When my dad told me that he left his law firm and quit his job there,I was schocked.

In my mind,this thought came.How great is a father's love for a son that he quit his job just for his son.
Bernard loved the school that he went to in Western Australia.Uncle Jeff and Aunty Christine continued finding for a job anyway.

The house in Seremban that belonged to Uncle Jeff wasn't sold to anyone.Uncle Jeff would come down once in a while to his house in Seremban because he had a knee injury and his operation was in Kuala Lumpur so he needed the house to rest.

A few weeks back,I called my mom from college and she told me that Uncle Jeff and the family were returning to Malaysia.I was shocked and I asked why.My mum replied saying that Uncle Jeff and Aunty Christine could not find a job there.Fair enough,I told myself as Uncle Jeff was the bread winner of the house so if he couldn't find a job in Aussie,than there was no point staying there.

My brother and I just visited him today.Bernard and Aunty Christine would be coming back next week as they want to linger a little longer there.

When we asked what was his next move on getting a new job,he said he applied for a few jobs.One of them was a lecturer in MMU.He then added then when you become a lawyer,you can branch into so many jobs and so on.

He is very God fearing man and whenever he spoke,he never sounded tense or anxious about the future.He was confident that God would make a way for him.

I was so fascinated by Uncle Jeff.Even when calamities strike him,he knew that God would make a way for him.I was also enthralled that he left his job as a contract lawyer just for his son.

When I went back and thought about it,I realized that Uncle Jeff lived in the present.He didn't worry about tomorrow and he didn't regret about his past.

No comments:

Post a Comment