Wednesday 1 May 2013

I-DICA 2013-Them(part 1)

I-DICA 2013 is one of the prestigious competitions organised by the Matriculation Division in Malaysia.It's the abbreviation for Intelligent Design,Innovation and Creativity Award.The competitions under this programme are the Kreativiti dan Inavasi Sains,Inovasi Usahawan Muda,Kreativiti dan Inovasi Kejuruteraan,Musical Sketch,Dokumentari Penghayatan Nilai dan Jati Diri and Rekacipta Montaj.

Basically most of these competitions are inclined towards science and technology.

My classmates and I represented our college for the musical sketch part.Of course there were other representatives from our college who took part in the other comepetitions as I mentioned earlier.Two of my guy friends also represented the college for the National Olympiad Maths Competition.

It was the first time my friends and I took part in a drama competition.So none of us had the firsthand experience.However,there were amazing teachers from the English Unit who helped us edit the script and gave us new ideas.

Lee Zhi Yang.I choose him to be in the team because of his great ability to music.Yang,as we all call him is very muscially oriented.He plays the erhu in the sketch.

Eunice.The hyper-active chinese girl I have never met before.She became the narrator for the sketch.

Firdaus.One of my closest friends in class and the most outgoing Malay boy I have ever met.A big fan of Lady Gaga and has an obsession for designer clothes from Topshop.Andddd,his voice captured the hearts of many during the performance.

Atiqah.The most outgoing Malay girl.In our class,she would be the one asking the most questions.So she became  Tiqa,one of the village lady.

Last but not least,the crazy girl with the loud voice-me,as one of the villager.

These combination of the 3 races brought us to nationals.However we were chosen to nationals without even competiting with anyone in our college because of the poor participance from the rest.

I guess we were all the hyperactive bunch.

The five of us(in red) together with the team from Selangor(in black).


Our teachers who guided us were Miss Brenda,Madam Gurcharan Kaur and Mr.Adib(who followed us to PD for the finale)

No comments:

Post a Comment