Thursday 26 September 2013

His surprise!

It was this Tuesday that I felt like I needed to play the piano.So I decided to go to the music faculty after settling some errands in the library.I was excited.After like 3 weeks not hearing the piano,I felt a bit lost.

I am serious.I cannot imagine how I would be if there were no pianos here.

So,I was excited when I recalled what my friend said that  there were grand pianos in the rooms.I was overwhelmed.No words could express the joy in my heart.

So I went to the purple building,the most colourful building in the whole faculty.I went to the office and said that I wanted to use the piano.And then,one of the clerks questioned me about which faculty I was in so I boldly said the Science and Maths faculty.Plus,I was in a band for my college so I told that I wanted to practise the piano (although the real reason was to play the piano for my own pleasure).

They refused to let me play the piano.I was so disappointed and I left the office,thanking them before I left.

I walked upstairs and there I saw many rooms.On every door,were signs that were written 'Bilik Keyboard'.I tried my best to push the doors,but my weight was overpowered by the strong doors.Again,I felt disappointed.However,I kept walking and then I saw an Indian girl and another girl who were playing the piano.I knocked on the door and walked inside.

I told them the truth that I wanted to play for fun and so one of the girls told me that she would gladly let me play the piano if and only if she didn't have her piano exam that was that day itself.So I said it's okay because her piano exam was much more important.She did suggest that I go to the Bilik Penerbit Muzik to ask for permission to use the one of the piano rooms because according to her,those were the people in charge of the all the rooms there.

So I went to the Bilik Penerbit Muzik,feeling my hopes lighten again,but as soon as I went inside the room,a Malay man gave me a sceptical look.And he was the one who asked first.
"Where are you from?"
And I told the truth.
And then he said that students from other faculties were not allowed to use the instruments here as they were afraid of damage and all that.And there were 4 other men there who looked at me too,so I didn't have the urge to actually ask or argue more and left.

And then I went again to the office,feeling angry.I was angry.I mean it's really not fair that only the students here were allowed to used the instruments.I don't mind paying too of they asked me.As long as I had the feel of it.

I told the office clerk that I wanted to see the dean.But he told me that he would send his secretary first.So I waited for her and when she came,I prayed that I spoke the right words.So I told her that I came here just to play the piano and she said that I wasn't allowed to at all.I actually begged her to let me use the piano hoping that she would,but she didn't.

So I left the office feeling sad.I just don't believe it.I cried.I never felt so rejected.This was indubitably a bad bad day.

I walked through the alley and then I saw a room.There was a girl holding a violin and looking at the piano chords I guess.I walked in and told her whether I could play the piano.Well,it wasn't a grand piano,it was just an upright piano.She did let me use the piano!I felt like screaming,but I knew I couldn't.I felt the joy of my heart.So I played the piano for about half an hour or so.I was so happy.After all that I went through,this was something..I thanked the girl for allowing me to play the piano.

And I thanked God for that short opportunity I had.It made the rest of the day better.God provided that moment for me when everything seemed bleak.He knew how to turn situations and I need to know that I need to be patient and just wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment