Monday 9 September 2013

The start

The old campus and the new campus are so far away.Ok maybe not that far but well we need to take the shuttle bus.And so today for class,since Malaysian Studies was in the old campus and class ended at 10 am.At 10 am,I need to go back to the new campus for Statistics class and I thought this was the end!Late for the first class ever.And I couldn't help but to feel slightly resentful for not following Yan Ruu earlier.But when we got there,she wasn't there.She came later.She said she took the wrong bus.Luckily there wasn't any lecturer in class yet.Luckily.

And so our lecturer was the middle-aged woman who looked fierce.However we did not study anything today as she said there would be some adjustments in the time table and the group.I looked around.Ok,I am the only Indian in my class.This felt really weird.Only Indian.Wow.I was scared.There were only 5 boys and 25 girls.I wasn't so surprised at the vast difference.

As I passed through the buildings,I realized that there were all fairly new.But the buildings however were so close to one another and it didn't have a taste of the past as compared to the old campus.The lecture rooms were all new.I saw many beakers as I passed through a Chemistry lab,all arranged neatly.I smiled to myself.No more Chemistry.For now at least.

In the afternoon,was Calculus period.A Malay lecturer came in and he looked like the no-nonsense type of man.But later as he briefly explained the chapters,I realized that he wasn't the very strict type.Good.

Why do professors have to be strict in the first place?

And so he taught us a little bit on functions.Injective and Bijective functions.New terms.But it was all revision.So it was okay.

In the evening,we cancelled our class.No lecturer appeared and we left class after about half an hour or so.

Later when I got back home and checked the name of the lecturer,I was surprised to know that her name was Annie.I wonder how she would be like.

No assignments for today.I couldn't help but to wonder how the rest of the week would be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment