Friday 2 August 2013

Long Lamai,Day 2-Kids.


I really slept well.I will be going for church service today.I wonder how would it be like.I still remember as guests we had to sit in the second row.Then,the stares came.I remember a man who kept staring at me and I named him'Scary Man'.We all had to stand in front and all the villagers would shake hands with us.Cool,so cool.If they had it in our church service,I think church service would end before the preacher starts his sermon.A man who looked like he was in his thirties gave his sermon and Alvin turned to me and said "Tamen is father while,tinen is mother''.

After church service,we went back home.There was a little girl,maybe about 6 or 7 who was in the house.Later I found out that her name was Mikail.So all of us-Theresa,Daniel,Alvin and myself were in the living room.Kids started coming into the house.There was another kid and her name-Hidayah.There was also an old lady in the kitchen and her name-Aunty Connie.Pastor's mother.And Hidayah was her granddaughter.There was another girl too.She was always alone.She had tears in her eyes.And I approached her,and she just ignored me.Alvin then said that she has always been like that all the time everytime Alvin comes to Long Lamai for the past few years.The odd one out.Suddenly,she grabbed my hand and pulled me to the bench outside the house.Startled.I think everyone was.

However,she managed to join us and sort of get comfortable with us.Her name-Isah or Esah.I don't know.We had lunch shortly afterthat.I still remember not having an enormous apetite.Alvin was shocked,I wasn't surprised.Maybe I was just not used to the food here.Later that afternoon,Alvin asked Hidayah and Mikail whether we could go to the Bukit Doa.And the kids agreed.So we went hiking.And on the way,I touched some plant that had little white thorns from a small plant.And my whole palm was almost filled with it.I didn't realised it until I saw my hands.And they were all really small.So Theresa,Dan and Alvin were all helping to take out the white stuff from my palm.And afterthat,there were two woods to walk on as there were mud.




So I bravely took a jump to avoid the mud,but unfortunately  I ended up stepping on the mud.Not very cool.



The mud in brown and the two woods in dark brown.



However we didn't find the Bukit Doa as the two little girls were also lost and so we didn't go there.Mikail told me once we were back in pastor's house to come to her house for a while before going to the river.So I agreed and went to her house.And then I saw a man in the house and I assumed it was her father.He did look very familiar.And then I say Mikail's mother and I was surprised.This was the aunty who had come to pastor's house yesterday to cook for us.She smiled and me and then I was served water afterthat.Kinda awkward too.All of them were watching an English movie and there was this young guy who looked like he was in his twenties and a girl who looked like she was 15 or so.And Mikail then sat next to her dad and we all watched that English movie.Still awkward.Then,I excused myself and Mikail followed me back to the river.Then she said this.It was her first time seeing an Indian.They have only seen Indians on the televison.

Ok,shocked again.And I told myself this-More shocks on the way.You gotta be ready!And then we went to the river.The rest were already there.So I saw Theresa washing her clothes by the river and I followed.Mikail who was just too kind offered to wash my crocs in the river.Theresa found a brilliant way to wash clothes without using a brush.She used a smooth,oval stone and it did work actually.The stains eventually came off.

More kids came to pastor's house that night.There were more boys though.And then I saw her.A cute little girl.Ohhhhh man!So cute that the only thing I wanted to do was to carry her.And so I did.I carried her.And she willingly came to me.There was also a little boy who had a very spiky,hairstyle.He did look cute though.His name-Presley.When I heard his name,I was quite amused to find such a unique name.

Then at night,we went for church service also.I turned around and noticed that they were hardly any youths there.

When we went back home,the four of us had a conversation about the place,the kids and the people there.Then suddenly,we started talking about boy-girl relationship.And I guess when you start such conversations,it's quite hard to stop talking and discussing about it.So,we talked about stuff  and Daniel slept early but the 3 of us were just talking on that subject and only at 1 we slept.
















No comments:

Post a Comment